Founding & Managing Partner
Frank X. Neuner, Jr.
Overview And Experience
Mr. Neuner has been married to Tracy Owens Neuner for forty-eight years. They have four children and five grandchildren. Mr. Neuner enjoys traveling and spending time offshore fishing.
Frank X. Neuner, Jr.
Frank X. Neuner, Jr. is a founder and managing partner of NeunerPate (formerly Laborde & Neuner).
Since its formation in 1987, the law firm has grown from four lawyers with a staff of four to 26 lawyers with a staff of 50. Mr. Neuner’s dedication to running a successful practice extends to his commitment of service to his community, state, and the legal profession. His professional memberships and countless awards and citations are a testament to his dedication to the discipline of law and his community. As Chair of the Louisiana Public Defender Board (2008-2013), he spearheaded the drive for legislation to provide defense for the indigent. His theory behind providing legal service to those in need is that if you don’t provide legal protection and access to the law within their world, they will never believe in the justice system.
- Louisiana State University, Bachelor of Science, 1972
- Louisiana State University, Juris Doctor, 1976
- Legal Services Corporation, Board of Directors
- Chairman, One Acadiana, Inc.
- Louisiana State Delegate to the American Bar Association
- Louisiana Public Defender Board, Chair (2008-2013)
- Comprehensive Planning Division for the Lafayette Chamber of Commerce, Chair
- Acadiana Inns of Court, Member (1993-Present), Team Leader for the past 20 years, and Former President
- OPUS Christi Magnum, Fundraising Campaign
- Lafayette Advisory Board for IBERIABANK
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Member, President (2005-2006), and Treasurer (2002-2004)
- Texas State Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Maritime Law Association of the US
- Lafayette Outreach for Civil Justice, Inaugural Co-Chair (2003—2004)
- Lafayette Bar Association and Lafayette Bar Foundation, Former President and Board Member
- House of Delegates of the LSBA, Member (1980—1996)
- LSBA Board of Governors, Member (1997—1999)
- American Inns of Court, Former Team Leader and President
- LSBA Committee on Professionalism & Quality of Life, Former Chairman and Member
- Louisiana Supreme Court’s Committee on Prevention of Lawyer Misconduct, Member
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel
- Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center, Former Chairman and Board Member
- United Way of Acadiana, Former President and Campaign Chair
- Client Assistance Foundation, Founder and President since 2001
- International Association of Barristers, Member
- “Best Lawyers’ Lawyer of the Year in Admiralty & Maritime Law for the Baton Rouge Area” (2010—Present)
- ABA Solo & Small Firm Lifetime Achievement Award (2018)
- Inducted into the International Academy of Trial Lawyers (2015)
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated Lawyer of Preeminent 5.0 out of 5 as of 2014
- Louisiana Bar Foundation 2013 Distinguished Attorney Award
- Speaker at the World Justice Forum IV in The Hague, Netherlands (2013)
- Louisiana Super Lawyers (2004—Present)
- Louisiana Life magazine, Top 50 Louisiana Lawyers for 2007 (winter 2006/2007 edition)
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Distinguished Alumni of the Year (2008)
- The Louisiana Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Public Defender Gideon Award (2006)
- Honored by Louisiana State Bar Association’s 20 living Past Presidents (2006)
- Louisiana Bar Foundation, President’s Award (2006)
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Professionalism Award (2006)
- Louisiana State Bar Association, David A. Hamilton Lifetime Achievement Award (2004)
- National Client Protection Organization, Isaac Hecht Law Client Protection Award (2004)
Mr. Neuner has been married to Tracy Owens Neuner for forty-five years. They have four children and four grandchildren. Mr. Neuner enjoys traveling and spending time offshore fishing.