Ben L. Mayeaux joined the firm in 1988. His areas of practice include Complex Litigation, Class Action Defense, Toxic Torts, Products Liability, Insurance Coverage Defense, and Commercial Litigation. Over the years Mr. Mayeaux has become known as the problem solver, because of his commitment to quickly and cost effectively resolve problems for clients based on his wide range of legal cases. The cases he has undertaken to service his clients’ needs have been critical to defining how courts view class certification, a critical victory for defendants of class actions.
- Northwestern State University, Bachelor of Science, 1985
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Juris Doctor, 1988
- Former President of the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel (2011-2012)
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Diversity Committee
- Lafayette Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, SLDO Committee
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated Lawyer of Preeminent 4.9 out of 5 as of 2014
- Member of the Firm Management Committee
- Member of the Past President’s Committee of the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Speaker at Louisiana State Bar Association and Defense Research Institute seminars
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
Mr. Mayeux has been married for over 30 years to Peggy Thibodeaux Mayeaux. His hobbies include hunting, fishing, reading, playing the guitar and spending time at his fishing camp in Cocodrie.