Victoria “Torie” Viator Theriot joined the firm in 2010. Ms. Theriot has been admitted to all Federal District Courts in Louisiana, including Bankruptcy Courts and the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals. She is also licensed to practice in Texas. Her areas of practice include Transactional, Mergers & Acquisition, Business and Commercial Litigation, Admiralty & Maritime, General Litigation and Appeals, and Bankruptcy. She is involved with numerous community and professional organizations.
- Louisiana State University, Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications, 2006
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Juris Doctor and Graduate Diploma in Civil Law, 2010
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Lafayette Bar Association
- Lafayette Young Lawyers Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Board Member (2013-2017), President (2015-2016), Acadiana Affiliate of Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Texas State Bar Association
- Negotiated numerous agreements in the oil and gas and maritime industry, including MSAs and acquisition agreements for vessel purchases
- Assisted and participated in bench trial in Federal Court
- Assisted and participated in multiple hearings and trials in state court
- Assisted pro bono clients in obtaining divorce and custody orders through Lafayette Volunteer Lawyers
- Editor-in-Chief of The Civilian (2009-2010)
- LSU’s Law Trial Advocacy Program’s Top Student Participant (2009)
Ms. Theriot was born in Lafayette, Louisiana and raised in Eunice, Louisiana. She has been happily married since September 2012 to Blake Theriot and has one son. Outside of work, she enjoys watching and cheering for LSU and the Saints, as well as spending time with family and friends.