Melissa L. Theriot joined the firm in 1993. Ms. Theriot’s work is focused on litigation and appeals. The majority of Ms. Theriot’s practice is divided between Admiralty & Maritime and Insurance Defense, but she also has substantial experience in Commercial Litigation and Environmental & Toxic Torts. Ms. Theriot can handle large, complex cases, as well as, high volume bodies of litigation, such as handling and settling hundreds of Katrina-related cases.
- Louisiana State University, Bachelor of Science, 1989
- University of Texas Law School at Austin, Juris Doctor with honors, 1993
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, The Honorable John M. Duhe, Law Clerk
- Texas Third Court of Appeals, Justice Jimmy Carroll, Chief Justice, Internship
- President, Lafayette Bar Association
- Chair, Louisiana Attorney Disciplinary Board Hearing Committee
- Vice-President of Membership, Downtown Lafayette Unlimited
- Acadiana Inns of Court
- Speaker at variety of CLEs
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated Lawyer of Preeminent 4.6 out of 5 as of 2014
Ms. Theriot has raised two sons and has one grandson. In her free time, she enjoys playing tennis.