Jennie P. Pellegrin joined the firm in 1997. Ms. Pellegrin’s main practice areas include Personal Injury Defense, Workers’ Compensation Defense, Employment Law and Governmental Entity Liability Defense. Ms. Pellegrin is a firm believer in upholding a high standard of ethics, both personally and professionally. She understands that, with the prevalence of technology in today’s society, one must make an effort in order to retain a personal touch when communicating with clients and colleagues. She believes that, in both life and in law, your word is your bond, and that the integrity of your reputation is sacred. In addition to practicing law, Ms. Pellegrin provides corporate training seminars on the changing regulations that govern employment law, and how to remain compliant and lessen the chance for liability.
- Louisiana State University, Bachelor of Arts, 1992
- Louisiana State University, Paralegal Studies Program, 1992
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Juris Doctor, 1997
- United Way of Acadiana’s Women’s Leadership Council
- Lafayette Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel, Current Member & Former Director—District 3, Lafayette
- Defense Research Institute
- The John M. Duhe, Jr., American Inn of Court
- Former Chairperson, LBA Community Service Committee
- Former Chairperson, LSBA Community Action Committee
- Former member, American Inn of Court of Acadiana
- Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rated Lawyer of Distinguished 4.4 out of 5 as of 2014.
- Ms. Pellegrin was named a “Top Lawyer” in the 2014 edition of Acadiana Profile in the area of Workers’ Compensation.
- Ms. Pellegrin served a 3-year term on the Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel as a Director for District 3, Lafayette.
- Ms. Pellegrin has and continues to represent a major retailer in defense of a variety of matters ranging from personal injury claims to workers’ compensation claims.
- Ms. Pellegrin helped lead a team of attorneys and paralegals in managing and defending four hundred, individual asbestos cases comprised of approximately three thousand claimants.
- Ms. Pellegrin has represented and/or advised several premier oilfield service companies in the region in connection with personal injury claims and employment issues and/or claims.
- Ms. Pellegrin has drafted or revised personnel policies and procedures, as well as reported and/or investigated forms, for various clients and provided in-house training relative to employment discrimination.
- She has achieved resolution of more than a hundred claims through settlement, dismissal and/or trial.
- Her clients include and have included the State of Louisiana (through various departments and/or agencies), oilfield service contractors, self-insured employers, claims adjusting agencies and insurers.
Ms. Pellegrin has been married to Brad Pellegrin since January 1993. They have one daughter who attends Episcopal School of Acadiana, where Ms. Pellegrin has served as a co-chair for the school’s Annual Giving Campaign, as a room parent, and as the Spring Fling Raffle Committee Chairperson. Ms. Pellegrin enjoys outdoor activities such as saltwater and deep-sea fishing, as well as traveling, reading, and arts and crafts.