Dean A. Cole originally joined the firm in 1987 when it began. He served as general counsel for an international oilfield services company for ten years prior to returning to the firm in 2016. His responsibilities as general counsel included overseeing and advising all legal, corporate, compliance and risk matters involving the company and its numerous service lines. His primary areas of practice include compliance, business/commercial law, maritime law, insurance defense, and litigation. Mr. Cole has successfully represented clients in a broad range of matters including general corporate matters, commercial litigation, Jones Act and general maritime law claims.
- Louisiana State University, Bachelor of Science, 1981
- Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Law Center, Juris Doctor, 1985
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Louisiana Association of Defense Counsel
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- Lafayette Bar Association
- Lafayette Parish Bar Foundation
- American Inn of Court
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rated
- Former President, Lafayette Bar Association
- Former President, Lafayette Parish Bar Foundation
- Present Board Member, Lafayette Parish Bar Foundation
- Former Delegate to the House, Louisiana State Bar Association
Mr. Cole has been happily married to Jo Lynn Cole since 1984, and they have three children. He enjoys golfing, fishing and reading. He has also served in various capacities with The United Way of Acadiana and is an active leader at St. Mary’s Catholic Church.